Friday, June 18, 2021

Are You More Open Minded?

HAVE YOU BECOME MORE OPEN MINDED SINCE BECOMING AN EPISCOPALIAN? 14 YEARS LATER....HARD TO SAY!๐Ÿ™ƒ

I have been a asked that and it is hard to answer! 

I have not changed my mind about the things that brought me to our church; the beauty of liturgy and sacraments, the role of women in all areas of church  life, the importance of the laity, inclusion of LGBT in the church, the ability to question!  ☦๐Ÿ’’⚡๐ŸŒˆ

I have not changed my mind about the importance of the Creeds. the divinity of Christ, the importance of Scripture, the importance of marriage, the sanctity of human life!  ๐Ÿ‘ผ

I know we can not function without the power of the Holy Spirit, nor without true acceptance and love! 

I have NO time for religion, still find many rules we Episcopalians abide by very unhelpful to mission! I have told the bishop! ๐Ÿ˜„

I have sung a few songs from the 1982 Hymnal but it is not my cup of tea...though I admit to liking hymns more now. ๐ŸŽผ

I am no longer surprised when a fellow Episcopalian denies the Virgin Birth, the Resurrection, salvation through Christ, the reality of sin...rants about substitutionary atonement or they randomly quote the departed John Spong, whom I never followed! Some people do that... not my circus! ๐ŸŽช๐Ÿคก

I love Rachel Evans, may she rest in peace, Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schorrii taught me many things!  Bishop Michael Curry is a great preacher! I am not a fan of Diana Butler Bass! 

I do not like the vocal politics of many in our church ....but do not have to, nor agree! ๐Ÿคฎ

SO,  I am not sure my mind is more open...BUT, ALAS...my mouth sure is! I find myself more vocal, more likely to speak out when I perceive what seems like injustice, more likely to object even if others find it impolite, and definitely to let you know exactly what I think... if you ask, and sometimes even if you do not!  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

More open minded...I don't know, more open mouth...yep! Not quite the development I expected but, seems to fit my Cubanness and the reality of being a Latino in the Episcopal Church...a tiny but growing minority of folks! I am not sure how I feel about that yet! 

Blessings! 
Seraph
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก❤

No comments: