Monday, August 18, 2008

Miami Medic.....!
















Col. Ted Martin, commander of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Multi-National Division - Baghdad, presents Sgt. Rafael Delgado, a combat medic assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, with an Army Commendation Medal with Valor device Aug. 10 during an award ceremony here.

Delgado, a native of Miami, was presented the award for selfless and valorous actions to save the lives of fellow team members after an improvised-explosives device struck his vehicle. Delgado reacted immediately providing emergency medical treatment to Soldiers in the vehicle.

"It showed me that if there is one thing that I am proud of, and if there is one thing that I am true to, and if there is one thing that I am faithful to and will give my life for, it is my Soldiers," Delgado said, of his actions on that day. "As a medic and now a sergeant, it's an honor to work with these guys ... I will definitely put my life on the line for every one of these guys."

Congratulations Rafi! You are in our hearts and our prayers!

Blessings

Seraph

No comments: