Friday, September 14, 2007

Orthodoxy...lovely...Generous!





I have just finished this book a friend passed on to me. The title did sound a little odd and fun.... I liked it right away!

Well, never judge a book by its cover did not prove completely right this time. The more I read the better it sounded....wow...a better written, very edited, better thought out transcript of conversations and random thoughts me and others have had throughout the years. Some one actually thought this stuff out and put it in print...! My hat goes off to Brian McClaren.

As an Anglican in the CEC, having had the opportunity to interact, learn and love Christians from almost every conceivable tradition, I identified completely with many of the concepts and ilustrations in this book. A coincidence or the Spirit at work in many different places in the Church????

Yes I can relate to that.... I am a Christian...and would hope to be that kind the...

missional + evangelical + post/protestant + liberal/conservative + mystical/poetic + biblical + charismatic/contemplative + fundamentalist/calvinist + anabaptist/anglican + methodist + catholic + green + incarnational + depressed-yet-hopeful + emergent + unfinished CHRISTIAN."

you too

seraph

No comments: